Subterranean Rieti: in the very heart of Italy
It happened in 1209 when Saint Francis of Assisi was received in Rome by Pope Innocent III, who approved by word of mouth the first Rule composed by the Saint to officially articulate his project of following the Gospel literally.
This itinerary will trace the Saint’s footsteps paying special attention to the authentic local beauties such as Rieti “Underground” and the Route of the Sabina's d.o.p. (i.e. Protected Denomination of Origin which guarantees quality food products recognition and safeguard at European level) Olive Oil, in the land of the powerful Abbey of Farfa.
TOUR 3 Days - 2 Nights
RIETI, underground and surface tour of the town
• THE SANCTUARY OF GRECCIO and the first Living Nativity
• THE SANCTUARY OF FONTECOLOMBO, the “Franciscan Sinai”
• THE SANCTUARY OF POGGIO BUSTONE, the village of “good people” as its inhabitants were greeted by St. • • Francis according to tradition
• LABRO AND THE PIEDILUCO LAKE
• THE ABBEY OF FARFA, particularly powerful duri
If you want to get a personalized itinerary, do not hesitate to contact us at the phone number
(+39) 0775.211417 • (+39) 393.9229768